Vivian Maier routes
"Projet financé avec le concours de l'Union européenne avec le Fonds Européens Agricole pour le Développement Rurale."
WHY WE CREATED THE VIVIAN MAYER ROUTES
- Many tourists, eager to discover and visit the famous American photographer’s hometown, come every year to the Champsaur Valley.
- Lots of photography enthusiasts are keen on discovering the conditions of Vivian Maier’s many shootings and the subjects and places she photographed.
- Thousands of Internet users visit our Association’s website every month in order to get familiar with the photographer’s French origins and history and do not have the possibility to come here.
- All the members of the “Vivian Maier and the Champsaur Valley” Association (all of them volunteers) aim at presenting and valuing the photographer’s work in and around the places where she spent her childhood.
- The first route, located in the village of Saint-Bonnet, is the first of a series of five and will be unveiled on June 29th, 2017. An information brochure is available at the Saint-Bonnet tourist office. It is also possible to download several documents on our website to prepare your visit.
- From the photos taken by the artist in the fifties,thirtythree notice boards bearing the original photos with both their French and English comments have beencarefully designed and set up at the very spot where they have been shot.
- The leaflets for each tour are available at the Tourism offices of the area as well as in some Town Halls. You can read and download them by scanning the pictogram of every tour.